Second Quarter Rising Star Awards

Mr. Kingston announced the winners of the Trojan Rising Star Awards.

On December 17th, 2018, Platteview High School held a second quarterly Trojan Rising Star Assembly. Teachers nominated and voted on outstanding staff and students, which were announced onstage to the entire student body by Mr. Kingston. Attached below are the following categories and winners:

Best Community Outreach/Leadership – National Honor Society for hosting the Blood Drive and the Craft Fair

Remarkable Individual Growth – Kalani Zalopany, Christian Jewell, and Katie Loncke

Staff Achievement Award – The Business Department for Trojan Zone improvements

Most Outstadning Achievement for a Second Quarter Activity/Sport – PHS One Act for placing 3rd at the Nebraska State Competition

Student #BeKind Award – Priyanka Bowers, Rafe Davenport, Dylan Conover, Tim Stork, Lexi Baatz, Claire Kallhoff, Marlon Orellana, and Elise Lutz

Staff #BeKind Award – Jennifer Hendrickson, Kelly Falch, and Gary Wood

Academic All-State – Anna Ganzel and Carrie Simonson (for Softball); Kourtney Caniglia, Elizabeth Iverson, Stephen George, and Alex Verdoni (for Cross Country); Katelyn Grubb and Alyssa Riha (for Play Production)

Big thanks to the Platteview Staff for recognizing outstanding behavior among the student body. The awards would have never begun had it not been for Principal Ron Alexander and Vice-Principal Mike McLaughlin’s creative idea. Trojans, look forward to the third quarter Rising Star Awards!