PHS in High Spirits

Senior+Pruett+Newton+dressed+as+a+vine+that+features+three+%0Apeople+dancing+to+the+song+%E2%80%9CAll+Around+the+World%E2%80%9D+by+ATC.+

Senior Pruett Newton dressed as a vine that features three people dancing to the song “All Around the World” by ATC.

Amber Neaman, Staff Writer

To kick off this year’s Spirit Week, the students of Platteview High School dressed up as their favorite meme. Through the halls walked numerous “salt baes,” “e-boys/girls,” and various vines. Every grade connected with each other through our special internet culture while leaving the teachers wondering what a “meemee” even was. It was a spiriting way to start the week.

The students of a Platteview were able to get a few more minutes of sleep this Tuesday morning because they did not have to spend time getting dressed; Tuesday was Pajama Day! It was a relaxing day as kids sat comfortably during their classes. Lots of students wearing funny, cute shirts and fluffy, long pants with slippers made their way through the building. The warm and fuzzy feeling that everyone feels during homecoming week was brought to the outside in an array of snuggly pajamas.

Senior Jace Mahoney took a classier take on the western style, while Senior Grant Mitchell went more casual with his get-up. Both were into the buckaroo spirit!

Wednesday was the day for Platteview students to put on their best boots, hats, and flannels and “yeehaw” up. A few people even sported a southern drawl to be especially festive. Everyone was able to let their inner-cowboy free, and we had a hootin’ n hollerin’ time. It was like a John Wayne movie was being filmed at the school.

Senior Katie Goossen rocking a fuzzy sweater and colorful Nike sneakers!

Thursday brought a more varied response to the theme of the day. Which was a throwback to the 90s and early 2000s! Outfits ranged from goth, rock-n-roll punks to peace-loving hippies and preppy school kids. Students dressed the part of the time they were born in and the culture that they grew up with. It was a groovy

To end this year’s spirit week, each class put on their personal class colors. Freshman wore white, sophomores wore blue, juniors wore red, and seniors wore black. Classes united to create their own sea of school colors. It was a traditional way to conclude the best week of the school year.