Girls Soccer Wraps Up the Season

PHS Girls Soccer team.

John Kinney, Staff Writer

Girls Soccer season has come to a close, and to further understand the team, Mia Loffer (a freshman on varsity) answered a few questions about what it is like to play soccer. Girls Soccer started their season after Christmas break and continued till May. The girls were recently in the district tournament, attempting to make state. Girls Soccer has been successful this year, winning most games but losing some. However, the games they lost were very close in score.

Mia Loffer offered some insight about the game and the field.

What motivates your team to be successful on the field?
Loffer: “I think what motivates us most is the feeling of success at the end of the game and how accomplished we feel not only as an individual but as a team.”

What is something that you love about soccer?
Loffer: “It’s a stress reliever for me. I really enjoy the game and have grown to have a great passion for it.”

Why do you play soccer?
Loffer: “I play soccer to hopefully make a living out of it. wether I’m coaching or playing, I just love to be around the game.”

How are you turning your soccer career into a future career?
Loffer: “I can’t really answer that question yet, sorry.”

What is a memory about soccer that you will never forget?”
Loffer: “When i was playing club this past fall, my team was in the state championship. It was the second half and their team had gotten a foul on their half of the field. It was a free kick given to us and U was chosen to take it. foul was about 25-30 yards out and I slotted the ball right in between the crossbar and the goalkeepers hands. that was the goal that tied the game. I will never forget that moment.”

The girls are played Elkhorn on Saturday, May 5th. They lost in overtime.  Congratulate your Girls soccer team!