Kindness: Definitely Not Impossible

Kindness: Definitely Not Impossible

Kaitlyn Klimek, Author

This year (2018-2019) at Platteview High School, staff and students will be enforcing the #BeKind campaign. The Be Kind slogan was created by Reid’s parents, Mark and Jodie Adler. They did not know that even the nicest kids could be bullied by some of the meanest students.

The Adlers shared their story with the Platteview High Schools, talking about their son, Reid Adler. Their story demonstrated how Reid was a young boy the world lost too soon. He was the sweetest, most positive guy you would meet. Because of his parents, his story has been shared, not only all over the country, but across the world.

The Adlers’ main message was that no matter what grade you are in, how old you are, your gender, or your ethnicity, you can spread kindness. You can be the reason a person smiles today. Webster Dictionary defines kindness as the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. Being kind everyday is not easy, but it is definitely not impossible.

In response to the Adlers’ presentation, PHS students signed a kindness pledge, stating that they pledge not to be neutral, to stand up for kindness. They also received a sticker they could post on their cars, lockers, books, or bags that show that they are taking a stand.

Following PHS students acts of kindness at #BeKind