Introducing the New Platteview Dance Team

Katelyn Grubb

The dance team warms up for their first halftime performance.

MacKenzie Loncke, Author

Katelyn Grubb
MacKenzie Loncke and Lauren Jones hit their end pose during the halftime performance at the August 24th football game.

The 2018-2019 Platteview High School Dance Team has their first performance at the varsity football game during halftime on August 24th, 2018. The dance team went from a small but mighty team of six last season, to a large team of nine this year. The first showcasing of the new Platteview Dance Team is an exciting event and many are anticipating it.

Friday night lights are only about football and touchdowns, but the halftime performance from the dance team brings just as much fun as spectating the game. The dancers are planning on performing a dance they learned at the NDA camp this summer. Tryouts in April of last year introduced these Trojans to the squad: seniors, Lindsey Hinrichs and MacKenzie Loncke; junior, Lauren Jones; sophomores, Jordan Carman and Torey Swanson; and freshman, Alyssa Apprich, Lexi Baatz, Madison Ferrin and Bailey F’jell.

“I feel that our team is more prepared this year than we have ever been in the past…we have an amazing group of student-athletes that are guaranteed to provide impressive halftime entertainment for our school’s athletic events,” says dance team coach Crystal Arch. The dancers and spectators of this week’s game are excited and expect a win from both the varsity football team and the dance team.