Rallying Up Excitement

Platteview cheerleaders spread their school spirit at the 2017-2018 pep rally.

Nathan Seeber, Staff Writer

With Homecoming approaching, one can feel the excitement coming from students. No where is this excitement more obvious  than when students show their school spirit in the Homecoming Pep Rally. The Pep Rally was held on  October 3rd, 2018. 

However, making the Pep Rally engaging has several challenges. Mr. Alexander shared how the school helps keep the Pep Rally exciting: “We plan the Pep Rally in conjunction with the cheerleading squad and sponsors. We use the cheerleaders to help give feedback on ways to keep things fun for all students.” He also stated what the goal of the pep rally was.  Mr. Alexander said, “Our goals for the Homecoming Pep Rally are two-fold. One, to promote school spirit for all students. Secondly, to recognize all of the fall activities.” Finally, Mr. Alexander shared his thoughts on whether or not the pep rally was an effective way for getting students excited for the Homecoming game, saying “Yes. Although, we cannot have a Pep Rally for every game we will hold one big pep rally per season.” 

Mr. Stier, the football coach, shared his thoughts about the Pep Rally: “While the pep-rally doesn’t directly help us prepare for the game, I do think that traditions and school spirit are important, our guys also have put in a tremendous amount of work – they deserve the recognition.” 

There is no better place to show excitement for both the Homecoming Dance and the Homecoming Game than the Pep Rally. So get out there at the Pep Rally and cheer on the Platteview Fall Teams!