Victory is Ours: 2018-2019 Dodgeball Tournament

Sophomore Tyler Riley stayed light on his feet as he blocked and dodged fast-paced balls flying past him.

Kaitlin Harder, Staff Writer

Dalton Swanson forcefully pitched a ball towards the juniors.

What is the best part of Spirit Week? dodgeball: seniors versus freshman, and juniors versus sophomores. Girls versus girls and boys versus boys. The crowds went wild, cheering classmates on as participants played with ferocity. Foam balls flew left and right, players jumped and ducked as fast as they could. Heavy breathing and red faces were the most common product of the 2018 Platteview Dodgeball Tournament. After the first games, the freshman and senior girls came out victorious.  They battled it out on October 5th, 2018 with camo and frat themes, and the 2019 seniors rose above and defeated the freshman team.

Juniors Emma Richards, Laura Kinney, and Grace Hartley attentively watched the opposing freshman.

Junior and senior boys won the first bracket, and the school had to put it’s pride on hold for a week. As the student body waited and waited, intensity was built up to the ceiling; everyone was hyped the day of the game. After a brutal defeat, juniors were left groaning and seniors were left proud. Platteview’s student body is tight-knit and extremely competitive, as shown by this year’s 2018-2019 dodgeball tournament.

Senior Bailey Theel held her breath as she watched the freshman for signs of movement.