Showing Up the Competition: Platteview Show Choir

Juniors Laura Kinney, Conner Nelson, and Zane Woods watch the other schools perform at the Blair Show Choir Clinic on January 12th, 2019.

Alyssa Riha, Staff Writer

The Platteview Show Choir took the stage at Blair High School this past Saturday, January 12th, 2019. The show, centered around heroes, was performed for clinician Dan Hayes. The team then rounded out the end of the day with a final performance for the public. Practicing for this competition was important in order to spend time with each other and perform the show as well as possible.

Freshman Ashton Lagasse stated that practicing “is helpful because it will always [be beneficial] to get a few bugs worked out before we perform.” Cleaning choreography or fixing notes is not the only positive asset to practicing. “It also helps with team bonding because if we make a mistake before the show, not only is that helping us to know what to fix, but it [also] helps creates

bonds [with each other]” Lagasse mentioned.
The hours of practice that go into the show work toward making every step seamless. However, practicing for a better performance is not the only positive outcome. Lindsey Hinrichs, a senior in show choir, said, “I love when people cheer for us at performances! I think the best [moment] is being able to hang out with everyone and grow close with the other people [in the group].”

Not only is practicing a time for bonding with everyone in show choir, but it also allows for an overall improved show and the feeling of accomplishment. Good luck to Mr. Matt King and the PHS Show Choir on their future competitions and performances!