Students Take To The Dance Floor

The senior Prom Court patiently waited to receive the results of the student vote.

Katelyn Grubb, Senior Editor

Students dressed their best on April 8th (2019) to celebrate Platteview’s Annual Formal Prom hosted at the Noah’s Event Center. Students were very busy on this special day by taking photos, eating dinner, and dancing the night away with their friends. The prom is reserved for upperclassmen (junior and seniors) and their guests, which included underclassmen (freshman and sophomores) as well as students from other schools. This night is a very memorable experience for many high school students thanks to the fun they share with their peers.

In weeks leading up to the dance, students voted amongst their fellow classmates to nominate the 2019 Prom Court.

The senior students nominated for King and Queen include:

MacKenzie Loncke

Jacob Muff

Bailey Theel

Stephen George

Amber Bartley

Wyatt Webster

Alyssa Riha

Gage Graham

Grace O’Loughlin

Joshua Fryar

Emmaline Lawrence

Nicolas Eurich

The senior prom court nominees.

The junior students nominated for Prince and Princess include:

Sophia Johnson

Trey Brotzki

Anna Koehler

Garrett Johnson

Britney Nolte

Reed Lenker

Baylee Renz

Jace Mahoney

Emma Richards

Tanner Millikan

Stella Wilson

Elijah Stewart

The junior prom court nominees.

After the dance concluded, students were welcome to continue their prom activities at the after-prom party hosted by Celebrate Safe at Dave and Busters. The students played games, won prizes, and even attended a hypnosis show. Big thanks to the volunteer parents with Celebrate Safe who added to the exciting night, while also allowing students the opportunity to spend time together in a safe/supervised environment.

To see photos from this unforgettable night click the link posted below:  PHS Prom 2019 Photos – Public Folder