Looking Towards the Future

Cheering for the Team: Seniors Brynn Andrews, Emma Middleton, Justine Woracek, Anna Haubensak support the Senior Class during Homecoming Spirit Week challenges.

Anna Haubensak, Writer

“What are you going to do next year?” It’s a question every high school senior hears from friends, parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. It not only marks the end of a year, but it’s the mark of achievement, of future goals, a turning point for so many about to embark on the next step.

Many of Platteview students have decided to pursue a college education. One such PHS graduate is Chase Wienk. Wienk will  pursue a double major of Global Studies with a Japanese emphasis and Emerging Media Studies. “I chose UNL as it’ll let me be a part of the HuskerVision and get media production experience while in school,” said Wienk.

Other PHS graduates have decided to plunge directly into the work force. Tate Muff, graduating senior, will be working as a Low Voltage Technician. Muff said, “I didn’t want to go to college, and I already had experience working with my dad. So it just made sense to move into a position in his company.”

Several Platteview High School seniors have decided to enlist in the Armed Forces of the United States. One student who has chosen this path is Mavrick Houston. Houston has enlisted in the United States Marines. “I chose the Marines over the other branches mainly because I felt like I molded with the recruiters the best,” said Houston.

Graduation is where many students take their first steps in adulthood. With the skills they have learned while at Platteview High School, they are well-equipped for whatever the future may bring.