Seniors 2023: What Did You Want to Be in Kindergarten?

1st Place Baby: Bella McAtee, Genevieve Drummond, Olivia Kohl, Katelyn Gillen, and Ashley Lynch hold up number one to celebrate their Trailblazer win.

Presley Smith, Editor

Children typically have creative aspirations, and many of those include future careers. When young children are asked, “What do you wanna be when you grow up?” it’s typical to hear police officer, firefighter, and even a truck driver. Ellie Sparkles, a children’s entertainment website, noted that 26% of children say they want to become a doctor, nurse or other healthcare professional when they grow up.  But what about as seniors looking into the future? What did the graduates of the Class of 2023 want to be when they grew up?

Christopher Orfe-Mckinney: “When I was in Pre-K, wanted to be Batman. I still want to be Batman, but I would love to be an artist after high school.” 

Lauren Roberts: “I wanted to be a doctor when I was in elementary school, but now I can’t wait to become a music teacher.” 

Scott Cyr: “In Kindergarten I think I wanted to be a firefighter. Now I want to pursue teaching.” 

Eileen Ramirez:  “When I was in Kindergarten, I wanted to be a veterinarian, but that’s changed over the years, and I now want to become a cartoonist.”   

Brooke Williams: “I wanted to be a vet, and now I’m going to esthetician school. It’s funny because in Kindergarten I didn’t even know what an esthetician was.”

Logan Haydem: “When I was little I wanted to be an astronaut. Now I

would like to have a career in weightlifting.”  

Breanna Kraus: “Scientist, but now a dental hygienist.” 

Keeley Pinkerton: “I wanted to be a vet, but now I’m going into photo psychology.”