Platteview’s Upcoming Production: You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Platteview’s Upcoming Production: Youre a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Katelyn Grubb, Staff Writer

Platteview High School’s annual musical is coming up soon; directors Matt King and Jamie Nuss have planned for their production of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown to show on March 7th and 9th, 2018.

You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown was written for the stage by Clark Gesner and Michael Mayer; their script illustrates a day in the life of Charles M. Schulz’s character Charlie Brown from the 1950 comic strip Peanuts. Platteview’s rendition of the 1999 Broadway Revival of the play will feature fan-favorite characters, such as Charlie Brown, played by sophomore Jacob Beier, and Lucy Van Pelt, played by senior Madi McKewon. Sophomore Eli Stewart andZane Woods will be portraying characters Schroeder and Linus Van Pelt, while Juniors Alyssa Riha and Katelyn Grubb will be playing Charlie Brown’s family members Sally Brown and Snoopy. Platteview’s chorus will also be starring in the musical portraying the rest of the infamous Peanut’s Gang.  Everybody loves the Peanuts,” says director, Matt King. “The show is really fun for everyone because the characters are so recognizable.”

As the cast memorized lines and helped to sew costumes, they also hosted a fundraiser at Pizza Ranch to support their show. The restaurant at 8810 S. 71st Plaza, in Papillion, allowed the cast to bus tables in return for ten percent of the profits as well as all tips from 4:00-8:00 pm on January 29th, 2018. Pizza Ranch has supported Platteview in the past with the same fundraiser, for their 2017 production of Anything Goes. Last year the fundraiser earned about $800; the group is hoping to have earned about the same amount for this year’s production. This fundraiser helps to defray some of the production costs for costumes, set, and musical rights, which  generally cost about $8,000. The remainder of the production will be payed for by the money generated from ticket sales.

Tickets sales will be available in the middle of February, selling at $9 for adults and $5 for students. If you are interested in seeing the show, the Platteview choir would appreciate your support March 7th/9th.